Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Starting a blog

I've had a blogger account for years and always meant to start a blog but having ADHD is awesome. Look, shiny things! I meant to start blogging when I got involved in activism but did I mention all of the shiny things?

I post so much on facebook and I think a blog is still a better, linear way to communicate. Facebook is great for sharing an article with a sarcastic quip but not so much for lengthy, deep writings.

I have to admit that the thing that finally got me to start today was being accused of being a teacher from the midwest by a commenter on a certain New York Times article. Apparently there can only be one Shayna Adelman in the whole country. Isn't that educational?

If you are reading this, you are likely to know me and I am not good at describing myself. I'm a full-time student/ (dissatisfied) Political Science major at GSU. I worked full time for almost 10 years before being laid off in late 2012. Now I go to school fulltime, work several jobs and am perpetually broke. I have been a progressive activist for several years. I don't drive and love mass transit even though the system in Atlanta leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm a lifelong science fiction fan and DragonCon eternal member.

1 comment:

  1. You're actually a teacher from the Midwest? Well, you're really committed to the fiction of being an Atlanta resident, what with having a place here and being a student at a local university and all.

    ReplyDelete